Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Re-training my self...

I have realized I need to retrain myself in how I manage my hair. You would think that with the 3rd BC I would already know that, but I obviously forgot. The past two days I've been having issues with my hair, breakage to be more specific. Why? Because I was just combing all willy-nilly, although I was doing it on wet or damp hair, I was combing too fast and definitely not taking the time to detangle. So, today I just sat down and sprayed my hair in sections with my trusty Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14 (side note: WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED WITH THIS PRODUCT? This is my last bottle and I will CRY when it's gone!) and then combed out with a medium tooth comb, this time NO BREAKAGE and no pain, DUH!

In the mornings I'm usually running around trying to get myself and my son ready at the same time that I rush my hair prep time and this is at the detriment of my hair's health and length retention. But, no mas! I think I will start detangling and then baggying my hair at night, which will help retain moisture and hopefully make styling in the morning much easier.

2 comments:

Amina said...

another cnappy checking in..
how do you detangle your hair?

Perfectly Me said...

Hi amina,

I always detangle damp and I've been spraying surge on a section of hair and then detangling. Right now my hair is only about 1.5 in. stretched, so I don't have to start from the bottom, so I start at the root. First I use the wider tooth comb and then I might come back with a smaller tooth if I feel like there are a lot of knots. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...