Sunday, February 8, 2009

Shea Butter, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol, and Carol's Daughter

Shea butter is an excellent moisturizer for my hair. I currently purchase mine from a natural/vegetarian restaurant near my house, called Everlasting Life. I get a 16oz. tub for only $10.00. It is unrefined and I am inclined to believe that this has an effect on it's moizturizing qualities. I've bought refined shea butter before, but never felt like this about it. The only downside is that their is a shea butter odor, my son said it was "stinky" (he's 2), but the you can't smell it on your hair (or skin) when it melts in, so it doesn't bother me. Another thing I like about it is the fact that I can also use it as a skin moisturizer.

HOW I USE:
After I've washed/conditioned/sectioned my hair, I apply about a pea/dime size amount to my palm, rub it in to melt, and apply to the section of damp hair. I then apply a pea size amount to every section in halfs (halve each section when I am about to style). I do not apply any other product to my hair after this.




I'm not a bandwagon jumper, but one of the natural blogs I frequent mentioned Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol conditioner and I decided to try it. Although, the blogger has a different hair texture than me I thought I couldn't really go wrong as I've used cholesterol conditioners in the past with good results. I had also been searching for a new thick deep conditioner and figured this would be a good one to try. I actually bought a HUGE 64oz. tub for $10 at my local beauty supply.


I feel that it does what it is supposed to do, condtion the hair, gives me adequate slippage, and smells nice, what more could you ask for.



I am still using Carol's Daughter's Black Vanilla leave-in as an everyday moisture spray and I love it. The hair milk is still almost full and sadly a dud for me. :( This pic is my hair with the Black Vanilla spray in it, look at that shine. :)






7 comments:

labelfreementality said...

We have something in common with all of the comments you mentioned!! I have all of them except Lustasilk didn't really work for me =[ but I loOoove the CD Black Vanilla Leave-In!!!!! I have to start using it more and isn't shea butter a dream come true?

Perfectly Me said...

The lustrasilk isn't magic for me, but definitely helpful for detangling. I haven't used it as a deep conditioner yet. :)

Lteefaw said...

You know you can use the Lustrasilk as a leave-in when doing two strand twist. You just have to be sure to seal each twist well with oil.

I sealed my ends with aloe vera gel and castor oil. And they are frizz free. On one day three and my hair looks pretty good. I was surprise that a $3 product worked so well.

Margaret said...

I've been using that spray! I love it cause you can use it when your hair is dry and wet:)

Laquita said...

Great review :o)

Lola Gets said...

Love this blog! And Im definitely going to Everlasting Life for that shea butter, too!

L

Jenny said...

Hey babes, you can get this tub of Lutrasilk at Sally's for 5 dollars. (the same amount) It is incredible but a great price. I saw it and almost fell over. Take advantage. Hope this helps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...