Saturday, December 4, 2010

Make Up Haul, e.l.f

I am trying to incorporate a quick and easy makeup routine into my life.  Usually I don't wear any makeup at all, mainly because I was never taught how to apply it.  But I think that makeup can make you look polished and just enhance your natural beauty.  So, tonight I went out to Target and picked up a few products from e.l.f (eyes, lips, face) I chose this brand because it is CHEAP!  Most of their items are only $1!  I have a lot of MAC products and I swear I only wear them about once every two months or so, so I didn't want to spend a lot and not use it much. 

So, on to what I bought:

I got the Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Maple Sugar & Pink Lemonade.

e.l.f. Essentials Luscious Liquid Lipstick

therapy is here. Intensive hydrating agents along with natural pigments leave lips with long-lasting color and moisture. This luscious liquid lipstick creates wearable color that flatters a multitude of skin tones and looks.


The color payoff is minimal which is why I guess it's flattering to a multitude of skin tones.  I'm not mad at that though because since I'm not a regular makeup wearer it's neutral enough for me to pull off everyday and it doesn't scream MAKE UP!  The Maple Sugar is a nudey bronze color and I like it a lot.  The Pink Lemonade is a sheer pink that's like my natural lip color pumped up.  The only downside with the first use you have to turn the applicator A LOT of times for the lipstick to come up to the applicator.  A plus is that it smells lightly of mint.








I also bought the e.l.f. Essentials Hypershine Gloss in Honey.




Hyper, glass-like shine infused with micro-mirror technology to reflect light. Smoothes lips on contact with a conditioning shine that lasts for hours. Create that natural lip stain of color that's sheer, subtle and beautiful!

What's funny about this, is that it's got more color payoff than the so called lipsticks.  I love this color it's a browny-gold that always looks great on my skintone and I buy it in like every brand that exists at least once a year.  There is a MAC lipglass that this is a dupe of that I will NOT NEED TO BUY ANYMORE because it's EXACTLY like it.  This also has a vanilla smell that I love!

For my cheeks and eyes, I bought the e.l.f. Essentials Shimmering Facial Whip in Toasted.



Multipurpose, on-the-go whipped colorant is vitamin B, C and E packed to instantly brighten and sooth skin with no greasy after-feel.

I have yet to try this out so I can't give a review yet, on here it looks a little lighter than it looks in the package.  I thought it would give a nice UMPH to my eyes and cheeks, so I'll try and give a review later this week.

Last, but not least I bought the e.l.f. Essentials Regular & Waterproof Mascara Duo in Black.


Revolutionary Liquid-Flex™ Technology – Long-Lasting, Smudge and Smear Proof. One side is regular mascara, but turn over this tube, and the other side contains waterproof mascara so you are prepared for any occasion, place or type of weather!

Will review later.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...