Saturday, January 8, 2011

Trimming My Hair...

I didn't want to do it, but it really needed it so I am.  I'm using Rustic Beauty's method and although I'm sad to see some hair go, might as well start off the new hair year with better ends.  CURSE YOU HAIR COLOR!!! *and not deep conditioning* LOL!  I'm trimming about a half an inch all around, that's like a month's worth of growth *pours out a little conditioner for my homies*!


*this is not me; I WISH my hair was that LONG!*

Even though I was in denial, here is how I know that a trim was needed:
  1. When I twist my hair the ends were very frizz-a-licious!
  2. When I would manipulate my hair, even damp, my ends would feel drier and not as smooth as the (uncolored) length of my hair.
  3. When I blow dried my hair the comb attachment kept snagging on my ends, even with a detangling with my Denman.
  4. When I blow dried my ends were WAY frizzier than the length of my hair.

This year I am going to do my darndest to make sure that my hair does not get so dry this year.  I plan on deep conditioning at least every two weeks and using a butter mix to twist my hair from now on.  The water and the air here in the Shenandoah Valley is extremely dry, I mean Ashy McAsh could be the nicknames for my boys and me even after a shower and thoroughly lotioning up, it's CUH-RAZY!  So, it's no surprise that it's drying out my hair as well.  So, I will now not leave the house without a satin scarf or turban on my head, especially under winter headgear.  I will not try to be cute in the house with my hair out, hello scarf or turban again.  Hopefully, these measures will result in moister, non frizzy ends by the spring time.  I do not plan on trimming again until my year or after the first six months of the Mop Top Maven challenge.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...