Friday, September 7, 2012

Silk Scarf Diaries #1: Nighttime Twists


Silk Scarf Diaries (aka Nighttime Hair Experiments) #1: Nighttime Twists

Time: 30 minutes at night; 10 minutes in the morning

Products:
  • Spray bottle w/ bottled water &  Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
  • Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
  • Sally's Beauty Supply 7 Argan Oil
Procedure:
  1. Started with dry hair that had been in a puff for 5 days.
  2. Separated hair into a medium section & sprayed with my water/conditioner mix in a spray bottle. De-tangled section with the Goody (Denman Knock-Off) brush starting from ends to roots.
  3. Used a fingertips worth of Shea Moisture on section, concentrating on ends, brushed it in to smooth. Twist section and repeat until entire head is finished.
  4. Cover with silk or satin scarf & sleep.
  5. Untwist in the morning with oil on fingertips.
 Notes:
  • Used medium sections
  • Hair had been in shrunken puff for 5 days
  • Shed hair was normal for 5 days w/ no de-tangling
Results: 
  • Stretched hair 
  • Not much definition (may be due to product or twist size)
  • More moisturized in the morning than just going to bed w/ satin pillow and no twists
  • Needed to re-spray hair on 2nd day to re-moisturize, but that is typical with my hair 

Pics:
  • I only have pics of the twists at night b/c I was in rush that morning
  • The white stuff in my hair is the Shea Moisture
  • Consider yourself lucky I'm letting you see me in all my nighttime glory...LOL!
 
Front

Top of Head


Back of Head


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...